Saturday, July 28, 2012

Emily's Top Five Links


I thought I would share with our readers some of my favorite links that I like to peruse.  Apart from Facebook and Twitter, here’s where I spend most of my time on the Internet.  Later, we will post these on the right sidebar of our blog for easy access. 

1. The Gospel Coalition.  http://thegospelcoalition.org/

The Gospel Coalition has quickly become my favorite website.  This group is a compilation of evangelical churches that crosses denominational lines to partner for one single purpose:  the teaching and preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  They are wholly committed to the Word of God.  I do not agree with every pastor or contributor to this website, but I have found it to be an invaluable resource, not only for ministry, but also for my own personal growth and knowledge.  Here are my favorite things about their website:

  • Blogs - whatever is new and fresh or needs to be addressed in Christendom, chances are at least one person is going to write about it and I can get their perspective on the issue.
  • Book Reviews - I really enjoy the book reviews found on TGC.  They do a thorough job.  One of the best ways to decide if a book is worth the time it takes to read it is to find out what other people are saying about it and who is recommending it.  

2. Desiring God Ministries. http://www.desiringgod.org/

Desiring God Ministries is a one-stop shop of all sermons and books by John Piper.  Apart from Scripture, John Piper’s writings have influenced and impacted my life more than any other source.  Here, you can find blog entries, free sermons (in audio and written form), and all of the other books that Piper has written. 

3. National Reviewhttp://www.nationalreview.com/

National Review is a conservative political publication.  Although I no longer get wrapped up in politics like I did when I was younger, I do try to stay somewhat informed on current issues.  What I like about National Review is their wittiness.  If you enjoy reading big words and thinking critically while having a good sarcastic laugh here and there, you will like National Review.  They also have a written publication, but access to their website is free.  I normally only have time to read their blog entitled “The Corner.”  If you want a quick opinion on an issue from a conservative thinker, you can find it here. 

4. Jen Wilkinhttp://jenwilkin.blogspot.com/

I have just recently started reading her blog when one of her posts was picked up by The Gospel Coalition. She’s on staff at The Village Church in Dallas, Texas.  I love her Gospel-centered and Bible-centered approach to teaching – we really need more of this in women’s ministry and youth ministry.

5. IMB.orghttp://www.imb.org/main/default.asp

This is the website for the International Mission Board, which is the Southern Baptist Convention’s missionary-sending agency.  The IMB facilities and coordinates the mission efforts of Southern Baptist churches.  They are an excellent resource for understanding the spiritual needs of our world.  It also explains all the ways you can be involved in missions including giving, praying and going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment